Tactile sensory play is a great way to expose your child to a variety of textures, facilitate communication, and actively engage with your child. Check out these “expert-endorsed” sensory bin ideas and try one at home!
1. Raid your pantry for corn kernels, pinto beans, and lentils. Add a few trucks for hours of rumbling, dumping, and loading fun!
2. Boil spaghetti in water tinted with food coloring. Add tongs, spoons and forks for slimy scooping entertainment.
3. Kinetic sand is the best. It’s moldable, melty and mysterious.
4. Dyed rice is always a sure-fire hit! Combine a few drops of food coloring, a tablespoon of vinegar, and rice to a ziplock bag and shake. Let air dry before commencing with the scooping amusement!
5. Silky, smooth and calming, cloud dough. Combine 2 cups flour with 2 ounces of baby or vegetable oil and mix well. Take it outside (it can get messy) and let the fun begin!
At NAPA Center, we believe in creating individualized programs that address every child’s specific needs across a range of different therapies. Every child is unique, which means implementing unique therapy programs is the only way to help them truly reach their full potential. Contact us today to learn more about our process and our track record of results.